Welcome to FirstWorld. Please enjoy your time here. This web site offers you the chance to buy our books and provides you with a great deal of background information and free stuff that will help you to get a better understanding of FirstWorld, its history and its future. You can also read our blog, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
We hope you find balance here.
Acknowledgements (by CJA)
Fictional universes or multiverses have long offered alternative realities that may seem preferable to our own lives. Growing up, I escaped from a troubled childhood into J.R.R. Tolkien’s magnificent creation of Middle Earth and was inspired by Elves, Dwarves, and Wizards. Later, I discovered the Sword and Sorcery of writers like Michael Moorcock. Moorcock wrote about the various manifestations of the Eternal Champion and his companion roving the Multiverse in an endless battle between Law and Chaos. I was always intrigued by the possibility of time travel and the paradoxes that it threw up. Many writers, from H.G. Wells forward have explored these and I have enjoyed them all.
It was always my hope that one day I could create my own multiverse to escape into and I have done so in FirstWorld. If you perceive echoes of Tolkien or Moorcock in my work, you are correct. They were my inspiration and I thank them and honour them. You’ll find others there too, from Arthurian legend through TS Eliot to The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. My multiverse is big enough to contain them all. Is it infinite? That’s the $64,000 question.
I would also like to thank a small group of fantastic people, without whom I would never have completed this work.
- My beta readers who provided encouragement with their valuable feedback and criticism. Thanks Marg and Liz!
- My editor who did so much more than copy editing and had great influence on the story and how it developed. Thank you Gail!
- My artist who interpreted my work so well and produced the fantastic artwork that you see on the site and on the book covers. He has a great future ahead of him. Way to go, Nat!
- My good friend who turned my hand-drawn scribbles into great-looking maps. Thanks so much, Kevin!
- The Friday Writers’ Group in Melbourne who gave me encouragement when at my lowest ebb and ready to throw it all away. Thanks guys!
- My partner who has been prepared to put up with my bohemian lifestyle while I have written these books and has been responsible for creating these web pages. I love you!
- And last but not least my inspiration and muse, Kris the Bard.
FirstWorld Saga (4 books)
Works in Progress (2 new trilogies)